tomhoppe.com

Racing, Web Development, Photography, and Beer...Stuff that matters.

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Ding, Jeep is done!

So after about 3 weeks of being down, and probably 12-14 hours of total work, the lift is on. I worked on it about 2 hours a day, every 3rd day, lol. I guess thats the nice thing about having plenty of other cars to drive. I took the car to 4wheelparts after the install to get the caster and pinion angles set during the alignment. Figured the $100 was well spent, as never having even seen a stock Jeep, I didn't know exactly what the pinion angle should be. They ended up finding that the front trackbar bushing was busted, something I missed during the install, so the $$ was well spent. Another $200 later, we had a pimpy adjustable front trackbar with spherical ends.

We took the Jeep out yesterday for its maiden voyage, up to the Apple festival in Ellijay. While the festival was fun, our search for some 4 wheeling in that area was a big fat FAIL. We ended up playing in some construction sites and gravel roads and found out the lift was a success. The Jeep is a beast now. Once we add the front locker to it shortly, it will be pretty much unstoppable.

Here are a few pictures in "highway" mode with the top up.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Sweet ride - me likey. I'm still jealous and I'm up on craigslist right now searching for...
Jeeps In Raleigh

Maybe one day.

Oh, by the way awesome photos on the site - The DSLR is a world apart.

October 19, 2008 at 8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home